The purpose of the Fellowship is to support residencies at HMML for research by senior scholars using the digital or microfilm manuscript collections at HMML. (Graduate students and recent postdoctoral scholars should apply for the Heckman Stipends or the Swenson Family Fellowship for Eastern Christian Manuscript Studies).
The award is $5000 in support of a residency of at least two weeks. Funds may be applied toward travel to and from Collegeville, housing and meals at Saint John’s University, and costs related to duplication of HMML’s microfilm or digital resources. The Fellowship may be supplemented by other sources of funding but may not be held simultaneously with another HMML fellowship. Holders of the Fellowship must wait at least two years before applying again.
Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2013 for residency between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
Applicants should prepare the following materials:
- Letter of application indicating the title of their project, length of the proposed residency at HMML, and its projected dates.
- Updated curriculum vitae.
- Description of the project to be pursued, with an explanation of how HMML’s resources are essential to successful completion of the project.
- Applicants are advised to be as specific as possible about which resources will be needed. Maximum length: 1000 words.
- A letter of recommendation to be sent directly to HMML by a scholar with knowledge of both the applicant and the subject area of the project.