The campus library at Saint John’s University—Alcuin Library—will be undergoing a major renovation in the very near future. Alcuin Library and its collection will be closed during Fall Semester 2016 with the expectation of reopening during Spring Semester 2017 as early as possible. The College of St. Benedict’s library—Clemens Library—will not be affected by the renovation at Saint John's University.
While Alcuin’s services will alter during construction, the library staff is looking for ways to provide as high a quality of access to scholarly materials as possible. The following service will remain available.
- All online resources and electronic subscriptions will be available.
- Interlibrary loan services will be available for long-term scholars in residence.
- All physical books and journals located at CSB's Clemens Library will remain accessible.
- All physical books and journals located at SJU will be moved to a storage location and will be inaccessible.
- Library service at CSB will continue to operate in the usual way.
- Library service will be offered on the SJU campus in a space yet to be determined.
Saint John’s University has recently established a webpage that outlines the renovation process and timeline. This page will be updated as new information becomes available: http://www.csbsjulib.com/renovation.
If you have questions about the Alcuin Library renovation and your work at HMML, please contact Julie Dietman, Assistant for Development and Library Services.